how to grow at nhcc
At North Heartland, we invite all adults to grow in their faith by choosing to:
The primary venue to Discover is at one of our weekend services which are designed to provide a high-impact, culturally-relevant presentation of the Gospel (the "good news"). Though we think it best to gather together for these services, we understand that life happens and sometimes it is necessary to watch remotely.
We offer a live stream of both of our services each week, click on the media tab to watch. If you miss, the service and the live stream, you can always go back and watch, listen or read by checking out the message archives (under the media tab). Please note: There are times due to copyright restrictions we are unable to post the video and audio of our services.
Additional venues to Discover include:
- Classes offered on Sunday mornings including Starting Point (understanding the Christian faith) and Tough Questions. Watch the program and website for these classes.
- Christian growth classes offered at varying times throughout the year with a primary focus each summer. The summer class rally (with information and sign up opportunities) happens in May.
- Right Now media is an on-line service, similar to Netflix, available to all NHCC members and regular attenders and it has a vast and wide variety of content and Bible studies available for on-line viewing from any mobile device, tablet or computer. You must have a login and password to access Right Now, contact us with your name and email address. If you already have a login, you can access Right Now, by clicking here.
The primary venue to CONNECT is our Small Groups. Through a small group, the hope is that you will experience a sense of belonging which will help velcro you to other people.
We offer five different types of Small Groups at NHCC:
- Message Based-A group that uses pre-determined questions to facilitate a discussion about the message (sermon) from the previous Sunday.
- Interest Based-A group that is formed around a "common interest" and includes one of the following: prayer, short testimony, a time of worship or Bible discussion.
- Community Group-A group where the topic of discussion (Bible study, book study, DVD series, etc) and the location are "flexible" based on the needs of the group.
- Discipleship Group-A group that focuses on building a strong foundation of biblical truth through accountability and spiritual disciplines.
- Content Based-A group where information is shared in a classroom format.
The primary venue to INVEST in the advancement of God's kingdom is through generosity and volunteerism.
At NHCC, we define generosity as the premediated (decided in advance), calculated (a predetermined amount or percentage), designated (to a specific kingdom oriented group or groups) emancipation of personal financial assets. At NHCC, we have four funds you can contribute to and help make an impact for the kingdom. For more info on giving at NHCC, click here.
At NHCC, we define volunteerism as the premediated, calculated, designated, emancipation of your time and talents. For more info on volunteering in a ministry at NHCC, click here.
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life." Mark 10:29-30