NHCC Funds, Payment Methods and Noncash Donations
There are four ongoing funds at NHCC. There may occasionally be other funds set up for short-term fundraising goals, but these four funds will be available all the time:
- Ministry & Operations Fund
- H.O.P.E Fund
- Property Improvements Fund
- Impact Partners Fund
Donations to the Ministry & Operations fund pay for all the operating and programming expenses of the church. The other three funds are designated for special purposes.
The H.O.P.E (Helping Other People in Emergencies) fund has money that has been donated for the specific purpose of helping NHCC family or friends of NHCC’ers who are experiencing a financial emergency. Anyone may nominate themselves or someone else for financial assistance by completing an application form and returning it to the office for the HOPE team to review. For more information on nominating or the application form, click here. This fund also distributes Christmas blessings in December.
The Property Improvements Fund is new as of August 2016. This is a fund that holds money designated for property improvements, large equipment purchases and major repairs. It will NOT pay for routine maintenance or repairs. NHCC budgets about $129,000 every year to pay for routine maintenance and repairs for the building, property and equipment. (The $129,000 does not include utility costs or payments on our loans on the property.) The Property Improvements fund is reserved to help pay for large expenses. Examples might be new rooftop heating & cooling units, extensive roof repairs, or other large expenses that cannot be handled solely through our general ministry & operations budget.
The Impact Partners Fund is new as of September 2016. This is a fund that holds money designated for NHCC’s Impact Partners (See the Impact Partners section for more information on these partnerships.) 100% of the money donated to this fund is passed along to these groups.
Can I designate money to be used for a specific ministry purpose?
We do not have any standing funds other than the ones noted above. Occasionally, there may be short-term opportunities to contribute for a specific project. An example of this might be Student Ministry fundraising to help pay for a mission trip.
How can I donate?
- You can donate by dropping cash or a check in the offering on Sunday.
- There are also two lockboxes – one in the vestibule and one by the Welcome Center – where you can drop off your offering on Sunday or during the week if you are at the church.
- You can donate electronically from your bank account or credit/debit card via our website or NHCC app.
- If you have an account with a bank or credit union that offers a “bill pay service”, you can request that they send a check to NHCC in the amount and frequency you wish.
- You can also personally mail a check to our office:
Attn: Accounts Receivable
North Heartland Community Church
4800 NW 88th Street
Kansas City MO 64154
Will I get an acknowledgement of my donation?
NHCC’s current practice is to send out giving statements on a quarterly basis. The year-end statement would be your documentation for tax purposes. If you need any information on your giving, you can contact Lynda Starkey at 741-1444 or email her and request an interim statement.
Can I make a stock donation?
Yes. NHCC maintains an account with Scottrade. Contact Lynda Starkey at 741-1444 or email her and request instructions on transferring the stock donation to NHCC’s account at Scottrade. There may be tax advantages to transferring appreciated stock directly to NHCC rather than selling stock and donating cash. You will need to consult a tax advisor about your financial situation to see if this option would be beneficial for you. Stock donations will not show up on your giving statement. You will receive a separate letter from NHCC reflecting the stock donation for tax purposes.
Can I make a non-cash donation other than stocks?
It depends. Some items that we can always use:
- Gift cards for grocery stores, gas stations, fast food restaurants and major discount stores. We can use these types of cards to supplement our H.O.P.E. fund. If you have any questions about the types of cards we could use, please contact the office at 741-1444.
- Teacher Supply Giveaway & Educator’s Resource Center (ERC) items: We have an annual Teacher Supply Giveaway (usually in late July). We also maintain a storeroom of these supplies for teachers in need to access throughout the year. We accept donations year-round for this purpose. Items that you can donate would include: books, room décor, office supplies, craft and art supplies, paper, notebooks, pencils, pens, markers, glue sticks, stuffed animals and more! Gently used items are okay.
- There may occasionally be other drives throughout the year for other items. Watch your program for these opportunities.
If you have an item to donate that doesn’t fit one of these categories, please contact NHCC to see if we can use the item. Currently, NHCC does not have an arrangement with a company to sell donated items.
If you need a letter for tax purposes for a non-cash donation, let us know.
BACK TO TOP